Thursday, July 29, 2010

The relief of the extension of the tax credit

I closed on a home yesterday and saw first hand what effect the extension had on all the parties to the transaction. The buyer on this deal was able to purchase using this incentive. He could buy the home knowing that when he does his taxes he will have all the extra money to do all the repairs as well as upgrade where he wanted. He might not have bought this home if not for the incentive because of his finacial undertaking he would have had to take on.
Secondly my sellers in this distressed market might have had the property foreclosed on. My sellers were relieved that this ordeal is over. They did not know that the property value was going to drop as significantly as it did and they would be unable to move to a different state where better opportunities existed.
Finally the title company , the realtors as well as the mortgage person and the inspectors and the appraisers all benefited from this closing. I think it was a win win situation all around and I for one am quite pleased that the extension was granted. I do not have any other deals that are lingering because of the extension but I am sure like me there are quite a few thousand people that will benefit from this extension. For this I am grateful.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home